Thursday, October 8, 2009

Moving slowly


I'm nearing the end of this pregnancy and I'm feeling rather heavy lately. I must confess, waking up late, pizza for dinner, and PBS kids are all becoming more common these days. I try and make up for it with reading hours of Harry Potter to Avery (book 4, wahoo!) and a few play dates here and there, but as I suspected my ambitiousness is wearing off.

We are still doing a minimum of math and grammar/spelling daily, history and science a couple times a week. That's about all the structure we can handle right now. And it's really plenty.

My plan for the coming weeks and even the weeks after baby arrives is just simply to read tons of non-fiction library books (from the comfort of my own bed mind you). The boys can entertain themselves for literally hours of quiet time with a book, and that's without me even reading it to them. So We are checking out loads of books on a variety of subjects and are just going to hunker down and read...a lot!

But tomorrow I am forcing myself to get dressed, get moving and Avery and I are going to the Natural History Museum! http://www.lnhmpmuseum.org/ I am looking forward to some one on one time with him without his little parrot right next to his side.
Emile will have his turn with me next weekend-Mommy and me art class at the little paintbrush! He is sooooo excited about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment