Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Check list

I've been struggling lately to get Avery excited about finishing his book work. As much as it is a drag for him to hear me repeat myself 20 times, there are so many other things I'd rather be doing!! So a friend suggested that I make a list for him to check off then after that is completed he gets his reward which is 30 minutes of computer time (during the week it must be educational) . So today I tried just that. The list included...


  1. Grammar
  2. Science
  3. Spelling
  4. Math

*30 Minutes Math Blaster*

It took much less time in doing this because there was a definite end in sight for him. He could see the light at the end of the tunnel as opposed to a never ending list of subjects coming out of my mouth.

I wrote out the list so that he could read it clearly, next to the subjects I drew a box were he could put a sticker to show that it was completed. It became a fun game to finish his work quickly!

This afternoon: reading and piano lessons (and nap...oh please let there be a nap!)

No comments:

Post a Comment