Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sick Day


Friday which is normally designated for field trips and fun excursions was spent in bed where the three of us read Harry Potter, drew wild pictures from the story and did other fun quiet things while Avery fought off a draining fever. We brought all of our pillows and stuffed animals into my king size bed and hunkered down. And today Avery is feeling much better with the fever gone completely!!
We did manage to complete a fun science experiment that made perfect timing. It was a comparison of animal and plant cells using jello! We put half of the jello into a round bowl (animal cell) and the other half into a square bowl (plant cell), put green grapes in the square bowl to represent the chloroplast and whole strawberies in each for the nucleus. Avery documented his observations, diagramming the parts of a cell in his science binder and happily eating his discoveries.
Have a great labor day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Andrea - Hello! I'm a homeschooling mom with 6 children. I've been homeschooling for a very long time....my oldest is 21! (She was homeschooled from the beginning.) I just want to encourage you on your homeschooling journey. It's not easy but well worth it. It seems like you really have your act together but if you ever need some encouragement my email is blogger228@live.com. Come and visit my blog sometime!
    Michelle in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Michelle for your comment! I can use all of the support and encouragment I can find. I am looking forward to checking out your blog and dicovering what works and doesn't work for you. Six children and all homechooled is quite an achievment!! I have much respect and admiration for you! Thank you for stopping by!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete