Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Solstice!


We are thoroughly immersed in the holiday season! From busy preparations, extreme sugar highs accompanied by the sugar crashes, and the sore hands from last minute Christmas crafting. We are so excited to welcome winter and celebrate this season with all of the ones we love and are so grateful for!
Avery has been very inquisitive about the existence of Santa Clause. He is not afraid to pursue deeper investigative work in order to discover the truth. Me, being such a bad liar, am trying my hardest to not lie but keep the magic alive without telling him the ultimate truth. Very tricky, business. I want him to feel the spirit of giving that I think the story of St. Nick gives. Of course there are so many other stories and people to offer that example. I want my kids to have that nostalgic feeling of waiting for Santa, seeing the half eaten chocolate chip cookies, and the note that he leaves every year since Avery was old enough to believe.He figured out that I was the tooth fairy, I'll give him that-it's a pretty crazy story. But Santa is real, he just is!! I have some pretty grand plans this Christmas eve in order to keep the magic going. My plan includes jingle bells, maybe some reindeer on the roof top and tracks in the yard!?!?! Hopefully Santa will get my memo and come through.


No comments:

Post a Comment